KOZAK OUR PROUD HISTORY:
Since 1926, Manufacturers of Quality Cleaning, Polishing and Dusting Cloths for Fine Finishes on Automobiles and Furniture.
KozaK DryWash cloths were first used in Batavia, N.Y. at the R.M. Walker Ford dealership. In those early Model T days, two men worked all night long with bucket and hose preparing demonstrator cars for the next days demonstration. KozaK cloths were born out of the necessity of cutting the “car wash” expense account. Developed by Russ Bridge and Edward Walker III of Genesee Chemical Co., it was discovered that the “Genesee” cloths saved 80% of the wet washing expense. It was also discovered that the cloths lasted for 50 to 100 cleanings. Word of mouth advertising spread the news of the cloths for over two years until the KozaK DryWash name was invented. KozaK cloths were originally distributed through 10,000 Rexall-Liggett Drug Stores, Firestone Stores, Ford Tractor and Implement dealers, and through many gas and oil companies. In addition, “KozaK Radiograms” were heard nightly over 25 stations reaching an audience of 50 million listeners. KozaK print ads ran continually in the Christian Science Monitor.
Why is it named "KOZAK"?
The name KozaK itself was an invented name. Edward Walker III, the first President of the company, had read that George Eastman of Kodak attributed his success to a five letter word with two hard consonants at the end and one in the middle. Walker wrote Eastman in nearby Rochester, N.Y. and obtained permission to use the name. The original saying “Needs No Water – It’s a DryWash”
is just as true today as it was back in 1926. One question often asked is “How can the word DryWash be trade marked? It seems to be descriptive. The word Dry is descriptive and implies lack of water. The word Wash is descriptive, implying the presence of water. Both words combined to one is not descriptive, being of two opposite thoughts. The patent offices in the U.S. and Canada issued the trademark for these reasons. It can’t be a DryWash unless it’s a KozaK!
KOZAK in the future
- Kozak Product Line Acquired by AlphaMarx Industries, LLC. in September 2011
- Significant Investment and Commitment made to REBUILD and RESTORE the AMAZING
Kozak Brand and Product Line
- Updated Logo and Packaging bringing Kozak into the 21st Century for the next 85 years!
- Expanded Product Lines Launched- The Kozak 10 Minute - All In One Polish/Wax
- NEW PRODUCTS COMING IN 2013! - The Kozak ONE- STEP Furniture Duster, The Kozak ONE-
- STEP Piano and Guitar Polish Cloth, The Kozak ONE - STEP Stainless Steel Cleaning Cloth, The
- Kozak ONE- STEP Granite and Natural Stone Cleaning Cloth and the KOZAK ONE-STEP Gun Cleaning and Oil Cloth!
- Look for a HUGE expansion on RETAILERS that will make it easy for you to find the product!
- ALL PRODUCTS AND PACKAGING - STILL PROUDLY MADE IN THE USA!